The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This non-exempt full-time (Hourly) Operations Assistant position provides customer service and support to international university participants and host employers participating in the BridgeUSA (J-1 visa) Summer Work Travel Program and supports the Regional Account Manager and Field Support Coordinator.
This position requires attention to detail, heavy database work, and excellent customer service skills. The work environment is fast paced, and service driven, with a successful candidate possessing the ability to learn quickly and to be very flexible with changing business needs. The position requires superior customer support with heavy phone and computer usage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and handle a high volume of incoming calls and emails from participants and employers.
- Answer questions via phone and email regarding insurance, Social Security, housing, job concerns, transportation, and other issues important to newly arriving international students to the United States, within one business day.
- Research and become familiar with US government regulations and rules related to the BridgeUSA (J-1 visa) exchange visitor program, including tax rules, social security procedures, prohibited placements, and more.
- Assist with problem solving urgent and/or escalated issues concerning participant health, safety, and welfare.
- Vet employers via email, phone, and web searches to ensure job placements meet or exceed US government regulations.
- Assist in updating/renewing required host employer business documents.
- Provide support to host employers regarding participants working for them. Mediate concerns between employers and participants.
- Ensure compliance with established program guidelines throughout the season.
- Maintain accurate documentation of participant and employer contact.
- Use the Intrax database to confirm participant arrivals, monthly check-ins, and reported concerns.
- Assist in locating and securing housing leads for participants prior to their arrival in the United States and during their program when housing issues arise.
- Attend weekly regional team meetings and all-team meetings, attend special trainings.
- Assist in writing, reviewing, and updating employer job descriptions used for recruiting purposes.
- Review participant profiles and assist in the interviewing and selection of participants, on behalf of employers, at the direction of the Regional Account Manager.
- Make occasional visits to employers/participants at the direction of the Regional Account Manager (possible for 2022)
- Plan and implement Cultural Activities for participants in assigned region, at the direction of the Regional Account Manager. (possible for 2022)
- Participate in Community Support Group Forums, Orientations, and Cultural activities at the direction of the Regional Account Manager. (possible for 2022)
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Account Manager.
- Previous experience handling a high volume of incoming calls/emails
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Previous experience/ knowledge of the Bridge USA (J-1 visa) Summer Work Travel program preferred.
- Previous experience in cultural exchange program preferred.
- Previous experience working remotely, from home-based office, preferred but not required.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with other cultures/international experience
- Excellent writing skills as depicted in your cover letter
- Strong time management skills to handle periods of high volume
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook. Previous experience in Salesforce a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Ability to work in a home-based office while working remotely in a team environment
- Ability to work without direct/onsite supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Multi-tasking skills
- Previous call center experience preferred but not required
- Strong technology skills.
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to a continuously changing industry
- A proactive, self-motivated personality, eager to identify new and better ways of achieving goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Successfully respond to customers’ requests and communications within one business day.
- Driver’s License required
- Must be available to travel domestically, as needed. Most travel is planned, but occasional, unplanned emergency travel possible with little notice before departure.
- Estimated travel days 1-2 time per month.
- Estimated overnight travel 1 week per year.
$18.00 - $27.00 per hour based on previous experience
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Intrax is a leader in global education and citizen diplomacy. With decades of experience in cultural exchange, passionate employees, and a host of professional affiliations and partnerships, Intrax programs work to change lives and create people-to-people connections. AuPairCare, a program of Intrax, is dedicated to a mission of mutual understanding between countries and people through international cultural exchange. For over 30 years, AuPairCare has connected more than 85,000 international au pairs with American families across the U.S. We are passionate about what we do and value cultural exchange first and foremost.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in working in the cultural exchange industry.
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.