Data Privacy applies to any information collected on any Intrax website that you visit. It also applies to information provided by you and collected by us via other methods of interaction with Intrax, including direct marketing campaigns, events, and personal requests for information.
The information we collect may include data you explicitly provide to us (e.g., completing an information request form) as well as implicit information obtained from your interactions with our website (e.g., we may infer interest in one of our programs from the web pages you visit). The information you voluntarily provide us through our websites will be used to respond to your explicit or implied requests. This policy also applies to email “opt-in” requests we receive in association with your email address.
Data Privacy does not apply to the following:
- information collected by affiliated or third party websites not controlled by Intrax, regardless of whether these sites claim to be Intrax business partners; and/or
- information collected by affiliated or third party websites which you have accessed via links from an Intrax website.
When you choose to create a unique user account identity on an Intrax website, we will collect personal information necessary for us to maintain and preserve your user identity and information, including your personal login and password credentials, geographical location, language preference and other information we need to provide you with content that is of interest to you.
Information We May Collect
Explicit Information Collection
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information. For example, you may complete an Information Request form, register for a public event, or initiate an Intrax program application. The types of information we may collect from you may include:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Geographic location
- Program and location of interest
- Credit card or other payment details
- Content, blog/social media posts and/or other content you post on an Intrax website
- Health-related information
- Information necessary to check your background
- Any other personal information you provide.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used throughout the online community to improve the user experience, as well as to provide certain information to the owners of the site. Intrax websites may ask you to allow your browser to set various cookies. You may need to configure your browser to allow first-party cookies to be set by the Intrax website to achieve full access to the Intrax website functionality. See the separate Intrax Cookies section for information about specific cookies we set and how we use that information.
How We Use Information
We use information which you provide to us strictly for Intrax business purposes and related communications. We will not sell or otherwise commercially share your information with third-parties without first requesting your explicit consent to such sharing.
Generally, information you provide to us will be used to respond to specific request(s) you have made to us, or in the aggregate form, to help us deliver a better website experience to you on all our websites and to enhance our business efficiency and effectiveness with you. We may use your personal information to:
- send you information that you have requested
- respond to your questions or comments
- evaluate how you use and navigate the Intrax website
- assess how you respond to various website program and service descriptions
- analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements and promotions
- personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to specific Intrax website pages
- make the Intrax websites easier to use and navigate
- enhance return website visit experience by remembering preferences and/or past decisions
- collect information about the device you are using to view the Intrax website, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser you are using, to help us deliver an optimized browsing experience to you and other website visitors
- contact you regarding programs in which you have expressed interest or that we believe you may be interested in given your past browsing behavior. We will use your personal information for this purpose if you have given consent for such use or you have previously requested such program or service information from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws and/or customary business practices
- suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions and/or promotions
- request your participation in post-program events and other marketing activities
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it any longer than is necessary to respond to your request, unless we are required to retain access to the information for business, legal, or government compliance reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our active online servers we may not immediately delete residual copies from our backup servers or remove information from our archive systems. We will utilize manual and automated processes and procedures to ensure that any recovery from back-up operations do not restore data which you have requested us to delete.
At any time, you can tell us to stop making contact with you for one, several or all of our Intrax programs. You can do this in a number of ways including:
- Utilize the Opt-out or unsubscribe links found in the trailer of email messages, newsletters and other electronic forms of communication.
- Login to your personal account with us and change your privacy settings to your desired level of communication.
- Contacting us at:
mail: Intrax, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
600 California Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, California
United States of America
After you have told us to stop communicating with you, certain actions you take may be interpreted by us as a change to this request. For example, if you subsequently visit an Intrax website and take some action that re-initiates contact with us, we will assume that you have changed your mind and are again interested in one or more Intrax website program(s) and/or service(s). When you do this, we may initiate various website and off-website forms of communication with you.
Please note that even after a request to stop communicating with you, we may be required by business conditions and/or legal stipulations to maintain an accurate history of our mutual business relationship, and to communicate with you as required by the nature of the existing or historical business relationship.
We may disclose your personal information to other Intrax offices, employees, contractors and/or our agents who are tasked with the responsibility to respond to the specific type of request you have made. In some cases, we may share your information with 3rd parties who act as our Agent or Partner.
We utilize various automated systems to enhance our ability to efficiently and accurately utilize the information you provide to us. Some of these systems are owned and operated by Intrax, while others are “cloud-based” systems leased and/or licensed to Intrax and in which data access is exclusively limited to Intrax-authorized users. In responding to information we collect from you, we may utilize these systems to fulfill information requests, maintain active communications, update marketing campaign information, analyze aggregated market characteristics, provide customer support services, or support other business processes as they relate to the nature of your request.
In the event that Intrax or any part thereof were to undergo any legal re-organization, be sold in part or in whole to a third party, or acquire another business and integrate such existing businesses into a new entity, you agree that any personal information we have about you, whether directly or indirectly provided, may be transferred to that re-organized entity or acquiring third party.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law, court order, for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime, and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Intrax, Inc., the various Intrax websites, and/or visitors to the various Intrax websites.
Intrax operates as a global business. Therefore, information that you provide to us via a website or other media may be transferred to countries outside of the country in which you live, or the economic or political controlling authority under which you live.
By example, you may live in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and request information about global internship opportunities. Response to your request may require that we place information you provided to us on servers located in non-EEA controlled locations, or that we make such information provided by you available to our staff or agents in non-EEA controlled locations. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected, including under the E.U.s General Data Protection Regulation.
If you reside in the EEA, Intrax will provide you, on request, with the following opportunities::
- to have your personal information corrected, restricted, or erased, subject to any legal requirement for Intrax to retain certain information.
- To have your personal information transferred to a third party in a structured and commonly used standard electronic format, except to the extent that Intrax has anonymized such information.
- to know which third-parties or categories of third-parties have received your personal information.
- The period of time for which your personal information will be stored or the criteria used to determine that period.
- To contact Intrax’s Data Protection Officer with any question or complaint, at the following email address: DPO@intraxinc.com.