Ayusa International (www.ayusa.org) is a non-profit organization founded in 1981 to promote global learning and leadership through cultural exchange and leadership programs for high school students. Ayusa places international high school students with volunteer host families and high schools throughout the United States. Ayusa is part of the Intrax brand, a family of organizations that provide a lifetime of high-quality educational, work and volunteer programs that connect people and cultures.
The Regional Support Specialist works directly with the Regional Manager. the Regional Support Specialist offers a great opportunity for individuals who have experience working with teens and families from other countries and/or cultures to assist them with relationships and cultural understanding. This is a full time, remote position, with some flex time needed for issues that arise outside of a traditional work day.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Providing programmatic support for high school exchange students in a region while students are on program
- Providing support for host families and Community Representatives with issues such as student/family communication, communication with overseas partners, student behavior, health issues, school performance, etc.
- Degree in a related field preferred
- Experience working in international education or student exchange
- Effective written and verbal communication
- The ability to successfully mediate and negotiate with diverse individuals or groups
- The ability to be highly organized and have a high degree of follow-through
- The ability to exercise good judgement and collaborate in sensitive environments
- Must pass a background check and possess a valid passport for travel