Intrax manages a J-1 Summer Work and Travel Program offered to international university students coming to the United States on a Cultural Exchange Program. Intrax is a designated sponsor of the Department of State for the Summer Work Travel program. We are looking for motivated staff to ensure program delivery in a regulated environment. Interest in assisting international university students while on a Work and Travel program is imperative.
This non-exempt full-time (Hourly) Operations Support Assistant position will review and update participant applications and documents in Salesforce, research and secure housing for participants, and contact Host Companies to vet them for the Intrax Work Travel program. This position will assist the Regional Account Manager and Field Support Coordinators in providing ongoing support for Work Travel participants after their arrival in the United States. This position requires attention to detail, heavy database work, and excellent customer service skills. The work environment is fast paced and service driven, with a successful candidate possessing the ability to learn quickly and to be very flexible with changing business needs. The position requires superior customer support with heavy phone and computer usage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review Participant applications, job offers, and required documents for accuracy
• Review database information and match participants to Host Companies
• Conduct outgoing calls to Host Companies to verify job offers
• Contact Host Companies and vet them as per Intrax requirements and Department of State Regulations.
• Validate Host Company information via email, phone and web searches.
• Maintain accurate documentation of Host Company validation.
• Assist the Regional Account Manager and Field Support Coordinators in converting Independent Host Companies to the Premium Program.
• Use the Intrax Database to confirm Participant Arrivals in the United States and Monthly Contact with Participants.
• Receive incoming support calls from Work Travel Participants
• Answer Participants/Host Company questions regarding insurance, Social Security, housing and other issues important to newly arriving Work Travel Participants to the United States.
• Maintain accurate documentation of all Participant contact ( phone calls, emails, in-person visits).
• Assist the Regional Account Manager and Field Support Coordinators in locating and securing housing for Participants prior to their arrival in the United States and during their program when housing issues arise.
• Make periodic visits to Host Companies/Participants at the direction of the Regional Account Manager.
• Plan and implement Cultural Activities for Participants at the direction of the Regional Account Manager.
• Attend Community Support Group Meetings/Activities in person, or via internet, at the direction of the Regional Account Manager.
• Provide support to Host Companies regarding Participants working for them.
• Assist with problem solving urgent and/or escalated issues concerning Participant Welfare/Safety.
• Ensure Compliance with established program guidelines.
• Assist the Regional Account Manager and Field Support Coordinators in reporting to the US Department of State on Participant Issues.
• Assist the Regional Account Manager and Field Support Coordinators in updating/renewing required Host Company documents.
• Assist the Regional Account Manager in creating new Host Company accounts and Job Descriptions in the Intrax Database.
• Attend weekly meetings, via internet, with Intrax Mid-Atlantic Team.
• Attend weekly meetings, via internet, with Intrax Worldwide Team
• Other duties as assigned by the Regional Account Manager.
• Some domestic travel required.
• Previous experience handling high volume of emails and phone calls
• Previous experience in a customer service environment
• Previous experience/knowledge of the J1 Work Travel program preferred but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Strong time management skills to handle periods of high volume.
• Proficiency in Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables) and Word (i.e. Mail Merge),Power Point, Outlook.
• Proficiency/Experience using database related platforms.
• Excellent writing skills as depicted in your cover letter.
• Familiarity with working with other cultures/International experience preferred.
• Previous experience in a cultural exchange program preferred but not required.
• Previous experience working remotely, from home based office, preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Ability to work as a Team.
• Ability to work in a home-based office without direct supervision.
• Previous call center experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to speak a foreign language preferred but not required.
• Strong web based technology skills.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Flexibility and an ability to adapt to a continuously changing industry
• A proactive, self-motivated personality, eager to identify new and better ways of achieving goals, while able to follow instructions carefully.
• Domestic Travel occasionally required.
• Driver’s License required.
• Must be able to travel domestically, as needed. Most travel is planned, but occasional, unplanned emergency travel possible with little notice before departure.
Pay: $15.00 per hour.
- Wildwood, NJ
- Sandusky, OH
- Ocean City, MD
- Virginia Beach, VA