This position’s primary role is to lead HR functions including but not limited to new hire onboarding, benefits administration, HRIS management and general support to the HR/Admin team.
- Act as resources for employees and managers on HR related policies, programs, procedures and practices.
- Keep current and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment regulations; recommend applicable changes to current practices and procedures.
- Support the development of new policies and assist with the rollout.
- Perform HRIS input accurately and confidentially.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and provide positive onboarding experience to new employees.
- Manage exit process including ensuring timely final payment and exit paperwork.
- Prepare HR reports and conduct analysis.
- Provide a high-level of customer service to benefits participants, including timely enrollment and changes.
- Create and update procedure documentation pertaining to benefits administration.
- Process monthly benefit related invoices including COBRA administration.
- Maintain database of state mandated paid leave laws; implement new paid leave mandates if necessary.
- Manage and coordinate Leave of Absence, Return to Work, Accommodation and Disability benefits.
- Setup/coordinate employee social events.
- Assist Payroll Manager with reporting and ad hoc projects.
- Backup to Office Administration for front desk/mailroom relief.
- Perform other duties and projects as required and assigned.
- Minimum 4 years of multi-state HR experience with exposure to multiple HR disciplines in a medium size company (50-300 employees).
- Minimum 2 years of HRIS experience required; ADP WorkforceNow experience desired.
- Must have prior experience administering employee benefits.
- Some knowledge of payroll administration preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Human Resources Certification preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; must be Excel savvy.