AuPairCare is one of the nation’s largest and most trusted agencies placing carefully screened au pairs from around the world with American host families. Our program provides families with quality live-in childcare and the opportunity for the au pair and host family to have a meaningful cultural exchange experience. AuPairCare has been designated by the U.S. Department of State since 1989 and has successfully placed over 60,000 au pairs in American homes. More information is available at www.aupaircare.com.
The AuPairCare Academy is seeking a part-time trainer. The primary function of this position is to provide classroom training and facilitation that will help prepare au pairs for their program year. Applicants will need to provide clear and dynamic training with the ability to develop participation and engagement from the class. In addition, the trainer will need to mindful of the varying levels of English proficiency among the class and adapt as needed.
Academy Location: DoubleTree Newark Airport Hotel, 128 Frontage Road, Newark, New Jersey, 07114
Hours: 35 hours per Academy during the 27 scheduled Academy weeks per year; additional hours during busy weeks throughout the year and during the summer months.
Start date: May 2019
Academy Trainer reports to: Academy Director
Academy Trainer Responsibilities:
- Provide au pairs with dynamic, engaging, and interactive training and activities in the classroom that may require extensive movement and floor work.
- Manage classroom during training hours
- Setup and breakdown of equipment needed for au pair training (must be physically able to lift and carry classroom equipment and supplies).
- Track au pair performance, language capabilities and engagement level and share feedback with Academy team
- Participate in Academy team meetings and trainings as requested
- Coordinate with Academy Director and Managers regarding logistical aspects that affect classroom training
- Provide customer service to host families and au pairs during arrivals or departures
- Other duties as assigned by Director/Managers
- Represent AuPairCare with the utmost level of professionalism
- Assist and work directly with the Curriculum & Training Manager to develop, create, adjust and enhance all Academy curriculum including Infant Specialized, Toddler Care, Standard, and Standard Break outs.
- Prepare for upcoming classes and adjustments in curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in training, education, cultural exchange, or related field for 3 or more years
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team
- Highly energetic
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of foreign language and experience abroad
- CPR/First Aid certified
The above responsibilities and requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.