Intrax Chicago is currently looking for English Conversation Interns to join our English classes and lead exciting activities. Positions are available immediately.
In general, ECIs visit classes Mondays – Fridays 11:05 – 1:05 and 4:35 – 6:15PM and lead activities, when available, Monday – Friday in the morning and afternoon. ECI’s can expect to work 8 – 12 hours/ week and be involved in English classes and in activities.
Currently, we are looking for an ECI Mondays 11:05 – 1:05 & 4:35 – 6:15PM as well as Wednesdays 11:05 – 1:05PM
Interns visit 2-4 classes each day and provide authentic conversation practice as an assistant to the teacher. Interns will also lead activities as needed and be available during student break times for informal conversation.
Our school is located at 174 N. Michigan Avenue, across from Millennium Park.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a friendly, enthusiastic and positive presence in the classroom.
- Speak English fluently with mainstream vocabulary and minimal accent.
- Be culturally sensitive and able to effectively interact with an international student population.
- Support a meaningful, creative, and fun classroom experience for our students.
- Be patient, dependable, and professional.
- ESL Teaching experience not required, but helpful.
- Be willing to undergo a background check prior to hiring.
Compensation: $10.74 per hour
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the team, please apply via our automated system by clicking the Apply Now button.
Please enter your cover letter into the ‘notes’ section before you submit your application or include the cover letter in the same file as your resume.
Intrax is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering a supportive and friendly, yet fast-paced environment.
No phone calls, please. Thank you.